Make it Yourself: Felt Knitting Needle Case
I recently made simple felt cases for my double pointed needles. I was tired of the plastic packaging they came in and decided a little felt case was the answer, plus the needles look so happy and cozy!
- Craft knife
- Felt (18×18 inches)
- Fabric marker
- Sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Hot-glue gun
1. Measure the width of your needles and add on .5 inch.
2. Use a craft knife and ruler to cut a long strip of felt.
3. Place the needles on the strip of felt. Fold up the bottom and top of the felt over the needles to determine the correct length. Draw a line with a fabric marker where the bottom of the needles fall on the felt and draw a curve along the top.
4. Cut the excess felt and curve with a scissors.
5. Fold the bottom of the felt up, making sure the marked line is on the inside.
6. Double thread the sewing needle and starting at the bottom right, use a blanket stitch to the right top edge. Knot and trim the excess thread. Repeat on the other side.
7. Mark where the snaps should be placed and use hot-glue to adhere. Be careful as the glue will seep through the snap holes.