Simple Project: Easy Vases for Empty Corner
I had a few empty corners that needed a little something to fill them. I wanted to find an inexpensive solution to dress these naked corners up a bit, so I went to Hobby Lobby with my trusty 40% off coupon (seriously, they have deals every week!) to browse and see if something “inspired” me. I found these great vases for less than $10 each. Next, I took a stroll down the floral aisle and found the perfect accent pieces to go inside each one. Each floral piece was between $2.00 to $7.00.
Picking out the vase and accent florals is the toughest part of this whole tutorial, so once that’s done, assembly is a breeze!
What You Will Need:
- Large vase
- Styrofoam or Decorative Rocks
- Long Floral Pieces or Rods
What You Will Need To Do:
- Cut styrofoam to fit within the bottom of the vase.
- Trim floral pieces so they sit at the appropriate height when inserted into the vase.
- Once at desired height, stick each floral piece into the styrofoam at the bottom of the vase. This may take some rearranging to get the right look.
- You may need to fluff and separate floral pieces to get a fuller look.
- Place rocks in the bottom of the large vase. This is VERY noisy, so I tried to tip the vase on its side and slide the rocks down the side of the vase.
- Insert tall rods into the rocks and to secure in place. This piece will have a bit more “loose-ness” than the previous one.
Done! No more boring corners! Have any other fast and inexpensive ideas for corner pieces? Please share them with us!