Announcing Deb Gore Ohrn as Creative Marketing Advisor
Over the last six months, we have been adding features and incredibly talented people to our team at Goodsmiths. Over the next six, we will work tirelessly to build a marketplace that provides resources for our sellers, education on how to grow a business and, most importantly, the respect buyers and sellers deserve.
Where are we today?
- We have gone from $0 in inventory to over $880,000 in 4 months.
- Goodsmiths has provided a destination for free shop creation to over 1,300 shops from all over the United States.
- We have grown from three full time team members to six. Levi and I are extremely proud of the fact that, as entrepreneurs, we have given six bright minds in Des Moines the opportunity to realize their dreams of being part of Goodsmiths.
I’ve been through a total of five startups and six product life cycles as an entrepreneur. For Levi, this is his third. We both know what it takes to build a successful company. One of those things is to bring in talented people who believe in you and have massive amounts of experience where you do not.
We are thrilled to announce today that Deb Gore Ohrn is joining the Goodsmiths team as Creative Marketing Advisor.
Besides being awesome for moving to Des Moines from New York back in the day, Deb has 18 years of experience from Meredith Corporation — a wealth of knowledge that Goodsmiths can lean on as we move forward. Here is a rundown:
- She was formerly editor in chief/marketing director at the Better Homes & Gardens Crafts Group at Meredith Corporation. Just a tiny $1.4 billion dollar cap company.
- Deb started at Meredith as the founding editor of Crayola Kids magazine.
- She became executive editor in Meredith Integrated Marketing and worked on custom publishing accounts for clients like Chrysler, Kraft, Procter & Gamble, and Nestle.
- She has led creative and marketing teams in the development of brand launches, custom publishing programs, online tradeshows, new product development and, most recently, an online radio show.
Our team is thrilled to welcome Deb to the games of pool, nerf gun fights and Thursday Farmers Markets, but more importantly, to our goal of creating the best online marketplace possible.